Zadnji put ažurirano kolovoz 31, 2023
If you’re looking for a desert adventure without having to travel too far from San Diego, look no further than Borrego Springs and Anza-Borrego Desert State Park.
Smješten samo 1.5 hours east of San Diego, this vast park is home to a variety of desert plants and animals, uključujući kojote, Američki muflon, and tortoises.
It is also home to a number of hiking trails, camping spots, and scenic overlooks.
Borrego Springs – The Desert That’s Just a Short Drive Away
Borrego Springs is the only California town that is completely surrounded by a state park, making it the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of the city and experience the beauty of the desert. Park je dom za više 585,000 acres of diverse desert landscape, including mountains, doline, and canyons.
Hiking and Camping in the Desert
Ima preko 500 miles of hiking trails in the park, u rasponu od lakih do izazovnih. Some of the most popular hiking trails include the Borrego Palm Canyon Trail, the Borrego Badlands Trail, and the Culp Valley Wash Trail.
- The Borrego Palm Canyon Trail: This 3-mile trail takes you through a palm oasis.
- The Borrego Badlands Trail: This 10-mile trail takes you through the rugged badlands of the park.
- The Culp Valley Wash Trail: This 6-mile trail takes you through a variety of desert landscapes.
There are also over 200 campsites in the park, with some offering stunning views of the desert landscape.
- Borrego Springs Campground: This campground is located in the heart of the park and has over 100 campsites.
- Ocotillo Wells Campground: This campground is located in the Ocotillo Wells State Vehicular Recreation Area and has over 100 campsites.
- Borrego Springs RV Resort: This RV resort is located just outside of the park and has over 200 campsites.
The dark skies of Borrego Springs make it a great place for stargazing. There are a number of astronomy clubs and organizations that offer stargazing tours and events. The lack of light pollution in the desert makes for the perfect stargazing environment.
When to Visit
The best time to visit Borrego Springs and Anza-Borrego Desert State Park is during the spring or fall, kad je vrijeme blago. Park je otvoren tijekom cijele godine, but the summer months can be very hot and dry.
The best time to see a superbloom in Anza-Borrego Desert State Park is usually in March and April. Međutim, the exact timing of the superbloom can vary depending on the weather conditions. A wet winter is usually a good sign for a superbloom, but it is not guaranteed.
Borrego Springs is located about 1.5 hours east of San Diego. You can take Interstate 8 east to Borrego Springs Road.
- From downtown San Diego, idite međudržavnom cestom 8 east.
- Take exit 78 for Borrego Springs Road.
- Turn left onto Borrego Springs Road and follow it into Borrego Springs.
Vaš broj 1 izvor informacija o svijetu sportova na pijesku i pustinjskih putovanja u pustinju. Naši su članci rezultat opsežnog istraživanja, osobno iskustvo, i dijeljenje znanja unutar globalne zajednice sandboardinga.