Last Updated on January 22, 2023
The best goggles for desert are dust proof and have UV400 dark colored lenses, protecting you from both dangerous UV rays and from extreme weather conditions – particularly sand and strong winds.
Make sure you choose appropriate goggles as part of your desert endurance preparation.
Best lens color for desert
When riding in the hot desert sun you want to pick preferably gray-tinted lenses. Dark colored lenses will reduce brightness and glare and minimize the chances of experiencing sand blidness, the desert equivalent of snow blindness.
Remember that sand reflects sun rays and in the desert there is scarce vegetation which means no shade, riding for many hours while exposed to UV rays can damage your eyes as well as your skin.
UV400 protection lenses will filter out 99% of UV rays, protecting your eyes from sunburn.
When riding in the desert, it’s important to choose high-quality sand goggles that can protect your eyes from the harsh conditions of the desert environment, including sunlight, wind and dust.
Some features to consider when choosing goggles for desert riding include:
- Polarized lenses: Polarized lenses can help to reduce glare and improve visibility in bright, sunny conditions, which can be especially helpful in the desert.
- UV protection: Choose goggles with lenses that block 100% of UVA and UVB rays to protect your eyes from the harmful effects of the sun.
- Durable construction: Look for goggles that are made from durable materials that can withstand the harsh conditions of the desert, such as extreme heat and wind.
- Ventilation: Goggles with good ventilation can help to prevent fogging, which can be a problem in the desert where the air is dry and hot.
- Comfortable fit: It’s important to choose goggles that fit comfortably and securely, so that they stay in place while you’re riding, as driving on sand dunes can be quite bumpy.
As part of the Amazon Associate and eBay Partner Programme, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Best Desert Goggles
|Best Quality Goggles|
DCLINA Motorcycle Helmet Goggles
|Top Vintage Goggles|
Bertoni Vintage Motorcycle Goggles
|Top Budget Goggles|
Bikershades Motorcycle Riding Over
Effective UV Protection Anti Fog Motorcycling Goggles in a variety of color options.
CLEAR VISION & WIND / DUST PROOF & UV400 PROTECTION-MATERIAL LENSES
As the lenses are made of high quality PC material with wind/dust proof and UV 400 protection features, you will get a great vision and never get above troubles.
Our dirtbike goggles with its lenses added various layers of coating to protect lens from scratch.With its strong durable lens and flexible frame material, our goggles are shatter resistant.
SUPER SOFT & COMFORT AND ADJUSTABLE FIT
We added ECO friendly sponge material to our frames, so that you feels no friction between your forehead and goggles. With its flexbile strap, you may easily adjust it to be tight and loose before your riding.
Excellent after-sales service: If you have any question about the product, please feel free to contact us. We are committed to providing premium-quality product and excellent service to customers. If you are completely unsatisfied with the product, we will offer full refund or a replacement within the first month and 12-month repair service.
Original old style for Harley Davidson and chopper. Bertoni is a well known italian brand of sport sunglasses coming from a thirty-years experience in the sport–optic market of his technicians. The Motorcycle Goggles by Bertoni are well appreciated because of their comfortable and well fitting design plus the latest technical discoveries for lenses and materials
Mat Black leather frame embellished by orange stitching.
Smoked lenses in polycarbonate 2.4mm anticrash
100% UV protection
Wide peripheral vision.
Anti-misting aerators into top and bottom of frames.
Adjustable and elastic strap to give a close fit with any open face helmet.
Perfect goggles for those who wear glasses, you can just fit them on top of them. UV400, sturdy and dustproof.
- Polycarbonate frame
- Polycarbonate lens
- Polarized Coating coating
- 🏍FITS GLASSES UP TO 5 3/4 INCHES (145mm) WIDE & UP TO 2 INCHES (52mm) TALL: Please measure your glasses before purchasing these fit over goggles to make sure they fit. Measure your eye glasses from the outside left temple to the outside right temple. Also measure the height of the glasses from the top to the bottom of the frame. Please note these goggles are designed to fit over eye glasses comfortably.
- 😊MEMORY FLEX w/ DUAL LAYER FOAM: Indestructable polycarbonate frames are built to withstand even the toughtest biker. Dual Density Foam consists of two layers, a firm layer and a softer layer to help absorb pressure from the wind & sit comfortbaly against your face.
- ⛷☀IMPACT RESISTANT POLYCARBONATE LENSES w/ 100% UV PROTECTION: Polycarbonate is impact resistant, virtually unbreakable and extremely scratch resistant. Have you tried to break a polycarbonate CD (compact disc) before? It can’t be done! Cover over goggle lenses are “UV400” rated, means the lenses will block UV light up to 400 nanometers (100% UVA & UVB rays)
- 🌫VENTED FRAME FOG REDUCTION TECHNOLOGY: These goggles that fit over glasses are special designed to allow just enough air into the frame to help prevent fogging.
- 📏ADJUSTABLE ELASTIC STRAP / ONE SIZE FITS MED TO XXL HEADS: These cover over goggles feature a two piece wide elastic’ strap that easily adjusts to all head sizes. You can clip the two sides of the strap together, or simply pull over your head.
How to Pick the Best Goggles for Riding on Sand Dunes
To guarantee a safe and fun desert adventure, pick up a pair of desert goggles that are both dust proof and have UV400 dark colored lenses. Dark lenses will reduce brightness and glare while minimizing the chances of experiencing sand blindness.
When it comes to riding on sand dunes, the conditions can be even more challenging than typical desert terrain. The constant movement of sand and the added impact of high winds make it important to choose goggles specifically designed for sand dune riding.
Look for goggles that have a secure and comfortable fit to ensure they stay in place during the bumpy ride. Additionally, it’s important to choose goggles that have a durable construction and are designed to withstand the harsh conditions of sand dunes, such as strong winds and abrasive sand.
Goggles that are specifically designed for sand dunes will provide the best protection and ensure a safe and enjoyable ride.
Desert goggles are especially needed for extreme sports such as dune riding, desert motorcycle racing and dune surfing, if you are simply taking a stroll or hiking in the desert, you’ll still need to protect your eyes with a pair of UV400 sunglasses.
Your n°1 source of information on the world of sandsports and desert adventure travel. Our articles are the result of extensive research, personal experience, and knowledge-sharing within the global sandboarding community.